the Unlimited Liability Universe
Read pp. 664 -669 in Institutes of Biblical Law.
corresponding Rushdoony lectures
Listen to the R. J. Rushdoony lecture, The Unlimited Liability Universe, that corresponds with this section.
Video summary lecture (Andrea Schwartz)
questions for thought & discussion
1. Cite some examples of attempts by man to limit his liability.
2. How is the “prosperity gospel” actually cloaked paganism?
3. How does the state attempt to impose unlimited liability on its citizens and corporations?
4. How do political parties and incumbents play upon sinful man’s desire for limited liability?
5. Is buying insurance wrong?
One of the surest ways to identify whether you understand a subject is to write a point of view paper (sometimes referred to as a position paper). This exercise helps to unearth areas of confusion, uncertainty, and/or disagreement, many times revealing that a number of unanswered questions remain. Once completed, you may submit your paper for comments.
After formulating your position(s) on the subjects covered in each lesson, a good next step is to engage in conversation (with your spouse, children, parents, friends, or co-workers) to better hone your skill in communicating the concepts you have learned and are assimilating into your own thinking. Do not be concerned about “messing up” or doing it the “wrong way” as you will do plenty of both! As with anything worth doing, practice will refine this skill, which is vital in order to fulfill the Great Commission. If you find you need some one-on-one interaction, you may submit a question or request an appointment.