amalek and violence
Read pp. 318-323 in Institutes of Biblical Law.
corresponding Rushdoony lectures
Listen to the R. J. Rushdoony lecture, Amalek and Violence, that corresponds with this section.
Video summary lecture (Andrea Schwartz)
questions for thought & discussion
1. How does the task of cultural leadership relate to the thesis of this section?
2. In what areas are we likely to be tempted as we endeavor to turn the tide on our violent society?
3. In what ways does pornography factor into this discussion?
4. What holds greater importance: establishing the law of God OR evangelizing others? Why?
5. Explain the concept of “misplaced righteousness.”
6. How is the modern environmentalist movement actually a religious belief system?
7. Why is the Marquis de Sade such an important figure in terms of our culture today? (You may have to do some additional research on this.)
One of the surest ways to identify whether you understand a subject is to write a point of view paper (sometimes referred to as a position paper). This exercise helps to unearth areas of confusion, uncertainty, and/or disagreement, many times revealing that a number of unanswered questions remain. Once completed, you may submit your paper for comments.
After formulating your position(s) on the subjects covered in each lesson, a good next step is to engage in conversation (with your spouse, children, parents, friends, or co-workers) to better hone your skill in communicating the concepts you have learned and are assimilating into your own thinking. Do not be concerned about “messing up” or doing it the “wrong way” as you will do plenty of both! As with anything worth doing, practice will refine this skill, which is vital in order to fulfill the Great Commission. If you find you need some one-on-one interaction, you may submit a question or request an appointment.